Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 24 minutes | Serves 4
24 saltines, crushed but not pulverized
1 pound (454 g) ground chuck
1 pound (454 g) Italian sausage, casings removed
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 sub rolls, split
1 cup Marinara sauce
1 large egg
¼ cup whole milk
¾ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. In a large dish, whisk the egg into the milk, then stir in the crackers. Permit five minutes for rehydration.
2. Alternating between the two ingredients, combine the ground beef and sausage with your hands. After
adding half of the meat to the bowl, sprinkle it with 2 tablespoons of the grated Parmesan and the salt, and
then continue breaking up the flesh until it is completely incorporated. Combine all ingredients with care.
While attempting not to overwork the meat, add the ingredients.
3. Form the mixture into balls roughly the size of golf balls. There should be about twenty-four meatballs.
Flatten the balls slightly to prevent them from rolling, then separate them in a baking dish by roughly 2
4. Set the baking dish on Rack Position 2, choose Roast, adjust the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
(205 degrees Celsius), and set the timer for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the meatballs from the oven after 10 minutes and flip them over. Place the dish back in the oven
and finish cooking.
6. Upon completion of cooking, remove the item from the oven. On a rack, the meatballs should be arranged.
Cleanse the baking pan.
7. Open the rolls, cut-side up, on the baking sheet. On the bottom of each roll, place three to four meatballs
and a quarter cup of marinara sauce. Spread the remaining Parmesan cheese on the top halves of the buns,
on top of the mozzarella.
8. Select Convection Adjust the timer to four minutes and the temperature to High.
9. After two minutes, the mozzarella cheese on the sandwiches should be melted and bubbling.
10. Upon completion of cooking, remove the item from the oven. Serve and then close the sandwiches.