Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Makes 4 servings
¹⁄₃ cup all-purpose flour
Freshly ground black pepper, as required
1 large egg
2 tablespoons water
²⁄₃ cup cornflakes, crushed
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound (454 g) hake fillets
Salt, as required
1. In a shallow dish, place the flour and black pepper and mix well.
2. In a second shallow dish, add the egg and water and beat well.
3. In a third shallow dish, add the cornflakes, cheese and cayenne pepper and mix until well combined.
4. Season the hake fillets with salt evenly.
5. Coat each hake fillet with flour mixture, then dip into the egg mixture and finally coat with the cornflake
6. Rotate the “Control Knob” of PowerXL Grill Air Fryer Combo to select “Air Fry”
7. Press “Timer Button” and rotate the “Control Knob” to set the time for 10 minutes.
8. Now press “Temp Button” and rotate the “Control Knob” to set the temperature to 360ºF (182ºC).
9. Close the PowerXL with “Air Frying Lid” and press “Start Button” to preheat.
10. When the unit shows “Add Food”, open the lid and arrange the hake fillets into the greased inner pot.
11. Close the lid and press “Start Button” to start cooking.
12. When the cooking time is completed, press “Cancel Button” to stop cooking.
13. Open the lid and serve hot.