Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Serves 4
½ cup soy sauce
4 medium scallions, trimmed, cut into 1½-inch pieces
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1½ pounds (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1½-inch pieces, fat trimmed
½ cup mirin
¼ cup dry white wine
4 (4-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
1. Combine mirin, dry white wine, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a saucepan. The mixture should be brought
to a boil over medium heat. Keep stirring.
2. Continue cooking for a further two minutes, or until a thick consistency is reached. Turn off the heat.
3. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
4. Alternately thread the chicken and scallions onto the bamboo skewers.
5. Arrange the skewers in the basket, then apply the mirin mixture to both sides. Make use of a cooking spray.
6. Place the air fryer basket on the baking pan and slide it to position 2 on the rack. Set the temperature to
400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius) and the timer to ten minutes.
7. The skewers are flipped at the halfway mark.
8. The chicken and scallions should be glossy at the finish of cooking.
9. Serve immediately.