Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 24 minutes | Serves 4
¼ cup Marinara sauce
½ cup roasted mushrooms
2 links Italian sausages (about ½ pound / 227 g)
1 pound (454 g) pizza dough, thawed
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Add the sausages to the dish for baking.
2. Place the dish in Rack Position 2, choose Roast, adjust the temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190
degrees Celsius), and set the timer for 12 minutes.
3. Remove the sausages from the oven after six minutes and flip them over. Place the dish back in the oven
and finish cooking.
4. During the cooking of the sausages, split the dough into four equal halves. Place one piece of dough at a
time on a sheet of parchment paper measuring 9 inches in diameter. Brush the dough with three-quarters
of a teaspoon of olive oil on each sides, then cover with a second sheet of parchment. The dough was
flattened into a 7-inch diameter circle. Remove the top sheet of paper and set it aside. Repeat with the
remaining pieces of dough.
5. Upon completion of cooking, remove the item from the oven. On a cutting board, the sausages are
arranged. Wait a few minutes before slicing them into 14-inch circles and dividing each round into four
6. On half of each dough circle, spread one tablespoon of marinara sauce, leaving a 12-inch border. Cover
the dish with a quarter of the sausage and a quarter of the mushrooms. Add a quarter cup of cheese as a
garnish. Pull the opposing side of the dough over the filling and squeeze together the sides to seal. The
materials should be transferred from the parchment to the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining rounds
of dough, sauce, sausage, mushrooms, and cheese.
7. Coat the tops of the calzones with one tablespoon of olive oil.
8. Set the temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (235 degrees Celsius) and the timer to 12 minutes.
9. After six minutes, the pizza should be removed from the oven. The calzones must have a golden brown
hue. Coat the tops of the calzones with the remaining olive oil and then flip them over. Continue the
cooking process by placing the dish back in the oven.
10. When cooking is complete, the crust should be a deep golden brown on both sides. Remove from the oven. Before serving, allow the center to cool for several minutes.