Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 8 minutes | Serves 4
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 medium egg
12 prawns, cleaned and deveined
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon cumin powder
¹⁄₃ cup beer
½ cup flour, divided
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 cup flaked coconut
1. Coat the shrimp with the lemon juice, cumin powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. In a small basin, whisk together the egg, beer, 1/4 cup of flour, curry powder, baking powder, and ginger.
3. Place the remaining 14 cups of flour in a separate basin and the coconut flakes on a platter.
4. Coat the shrimp in coconut flakes thoroughly by dredging them in flour, then egg, and then coconut flakes. Place the shrimp on a sheet pan.
5. Place the air fryer basket on the baking pan and slide it to position 2 on the rack. Set the timer to 8 minutes and the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
6. Remove the shrimp from the oven after five minutes and flip them. Return to the oven and cook for three
7. After cooking is complete, remove from oven and serve warm.